There are three areas that we like to focus on here at NYFG. Saving Money, Earning Money and arguably the most important, Investing Money.
The best way to truly create a great financial future for yourself is through the market.
On average, the S&P 500, an index that trades the 500 largest companies, increases 7% per year! This is far above the average savings account return.
Yes, the market can go down, in fact, it does every single day, week, month and year. But the incredible thing is, the overall trajectory of the market has been up!
If you take $1,000 an put it into your savings account earning 1% per year vs. an average of 7% per year in the stock market, after 5 years, your bank account will have $1,050 while your brokerage account will have $1,402!
Just for having your money in the market! There are other incredible benefits of investing your money, this is just the beginning!
In this area, we will teach you to the ins and outs of investing in the stock market, whether it be short term trading or long term investing, we’re here to help you build a future.
Recent Blog Posts:
- The Cost of Starting LateHow hard is it actually to become a millionaire? How do people amass such a large amount of money? The answer isn’t as crazy as you’d think.
- Book of the Month: September 2020The book of the month for September 2020 is Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and DotCom Secrets by Russell Brunson. Check them out here.
- How to Read Stock ChartsStock charts are one of the most utilized tools that investors and traders use every day. From day traders to long-term investors, being able to read a stock chart is crucial for success in the stock market.
- Money Saving StrategiesSaving money isn’t the easiest thing to do, and it’s something we all need to work on. Take control of your finance with these money saving strategies
- Different Stock Market Investments: A Beginners GuideInvesting in the stock market can often be intimidating and confusing… but it doesn’t have to be. There are so many terms that are involved with the market that honestly, you don’t really need to know. They are just fancy jargon that investment bankers throw at you to make them feel like they are better than you… and to confuse you enough to give them your hard earned money.
- What Are Dividend Kings and Why Should You Own Them?No, this isn’t another rant about Game of Thrones, it’s a rant about why you should consider buying Dividend King stocks.
- Traditional vs. Roth IRA’sThere are an incredible amount of investment vehicles to consider when thinking about your future. So many that it can be overwhelming sifting through the options and weighing which route you should take. Let’s compare two that are often confused with each other and decide which one is best for us. They are the Traditional and Roth IRA’s.
- 5 Finance Books Everyone Should ReadGetting control of your financial situation isn’t difficult, but it takes some work. Reading these top 5 finance books will put you on track
- Why You Should Start Investing TodayEveryone has investment advice. Whether it be to jump right in or stay far away. But what is the answer? Why start should you start investing today?