Here are NYFG, we’re looking to help everyone reach their goals. No matter how big or small they are, we all have them, and we all want to reach them.
When it comes down to it, a majority of our problems come from financial issues. They say “money can’t buy happiness” but one thing it definitely makes life a lot easier.
Taking control of your finances is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. Did you know that over 70% of people in America have less than $1,000 in their savings account?
Take a second to think about that. Less than $1,000. What if you lose your job? What if you need an unexpected surgery? What if your car breaks down?
Now I’m not trying to scare you, I’m trying to make the point that we all need to work on our finances. I don’t care how much money you make, what matters is the amount of money you keep.
In this area of the website, I want to help you build your financial future. Between setting goals, making budgets and most importantly, sticking to them. The goal here is to understand your finances and shape your financial future.
Recent Blog Posts:
- How Do Taxes Work?Taxes aren’t that complicated, we just weren’t taught how they work. Here is how they work and how to lower your taxes
- The Cost of Starting LateHow hard is it actually to become a millionaire? How do people amass such a large amount of money? The answer isn’t as crazy as you’d think.
- Money Saving StrategiesSaving money isn’t the easiest thing to do, and it’s something we all need to work on. Take control of your finance with these money saving strategies
- 5 Tips To Getting a Bigger Tax RefundEvery year people blindly file their tax refund and hope for the best, but hoping isn’t a saving strategy. Here are 5 tips to get a bigger tax refund.
- Traditional vs. Roth IRA’sThere are an incredible amount of investment vehicles to consider when thinking about your future. So many that it can be overwhelming sifting through the options and weighing which route you should take. Let’s compare two that are often confused with each other and decide which one is best for us. They are the Traditional and Roth IRA’s.
- 3 Tips to Gain Control of Your Finances TodayAre you in control of your finances? Looking out for your future self should be a priority, here are 3 tips to gain control of your finances today
- 5 Finance Books Everyone Should ReadGetting control of your financial situation isn’t difficult, but it takes some work. Reading these top 5 finance books will put you on track
- Top Budgeting Apps in 2020Did you know that 70% of Americans have less than $1,000 saved? Or that 57% can’t cover an unexpected $500 bill? Try out one of these budgeting apps this year to get on track.
- The Impact of the Coronavirus on Your Student LoansOn March 27, 2020, the President signed the CARES Act to help limit the impact of the coronavirus. We could spend a whole post talking about the overall act, but let’s focus on something specific in this one. What is the impact of the coronavirus on your student loans?
- Making a Budget and Sticking to it“I wish I could afford that.” “Too bad I’m broke” “I have no money” “Saving money is so hard” When was the last time you heard one of these statements or even worse – said one of them? These are the things I hear every day from people whether it be family, friends, co-workers or